Monday, March 11, 2013

My First Project - Calendar


Seems interesting when i remember start of my programming life.

I had not even touched the computer till on the 3rd semester of IE, when there was lab for the computer basics. When I joined IE College Dharan at 2004, I burrowed Video game Keyboard, same as the computer keyboard from neighbour house to practice typing in my home television on the winter vacation of same year. Later on I was much interested in the new things and imagination. So I tried some ideas into the C programming concept.

Here I want to discuss about my first project Calendar. Download

Dated on 2006-06-04:
I turned over my auto, to which my school friends had written some memories to it and found new interesting thing about the calendar.
There was series of years and a matrix of rows and columns. And the procedure of finding out the correct monthly calendar was instructed in it. I read it carefully and tried to find out the calendar. Yea! it worked.
But it was totally mathematical and have to go through certain procedures and certain tables. Later on I thought it to implement in the computer to make it work.

Calendar diary page



We had just studied the C programming in the Third semester, so I want to try it in the C. The assesment was running on and everyone were engaged in the preparation. And now I began to prepare for the calendar "My first Idea". After I had planned for a whole day, and some rough sketches for the tables and codings, I went to the Abinash's(one of my friend who owned computer) room and started my job.
After regular coding and degugging for nearly 2 hrs, I pressed Ctrl+F9 to run the "Turbo C" IDE. Wow! it really worked!!!!!!! I was so much excited for the result. Cheers!!!


The Image of the page Procedures:
  1. Under Years Find the year you're interested in and note the letter that follows it
  2. Under Months Find the same letter and note which number falls under the month you r looking for.
  3. Under The Seven Calendars, use the calendar which bears the number you have just find.
  4. Number of days in a month is same for every years same month in the english calendar given by, 30 days in September, April, June and November Rest of all are 31, leaving February alone i.e 28 days (but 29 days in leap year)
Calendar
The Snapshot of the application.

Later on I found that only one line formula is enough for the calendar making program inspite of those matrixes and tables.

Anyway Enjoyed coding... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment